We are committed to responsible gaming. We seek to not only comply with all legislation and guidelines provided by online gaming and content bodies, but to exceed them.
We see online gambling as a legitimate form of entertainment that is enjoyed by millions of our customers worldwide. However, while most players share in our fun and excitement, we realize that a small percentage of our players might be underage or might have allowed gambling to assume too large a role in their life.
Being a responsible company means being an active part of a larger community: its people, its institutions, and its values. That’s why PartyGaming is dedicated to:
Limiting Access by Minors
PartyGaming requires new customers to declare that they are of lawful age in their respective jurisdiction, and we pursue reasonable measures to verify this information.
As such, PartyGaming does not allow anybody under the age of 18 to play its games. This policy is in full compliance with the gaming legislation of the Government of Gibraltar. Furthermore, to ensure that minors do not play, we are required to obtain the name, address, sex and age of all our customers. We also ensure that all advertising, sponsorship and promotional activity is not targeted at minors, again in compliance with the gaming legislation of Gibraltar. The Interactive Gaming Council guidelines we follow include implementing controls to limit access by minors.
Here are some easy steps to help you prevent minors from logging on and gambling without your knowledge:
- Use child protection software to block gaming sites from under 18’s
- Do not leave the computer unattended when you are logged on to the software
- Do not share your credit card or bank account details with minors
- Do not leave the “Save Password” option enabled on any PartyGaming software login screen
- Create separate profiles for your children on computers so that when they log in they cannot access your information
- If you know someone under the age of 18 (or the lawful age in their respective jurisdiction) who is registered with us, please contact us immediately
Controlling Compulsive Gambling
Compulsive gambling benefits no one, not even an online gaming operator. PartyGaming is committed to detecting and reducing compulsive gambling. We have implemented player tracking, and we are constantly working to enforce controls designed to limit gambling patterns that are out of control.
While the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some it can spiral out of control. In order to help you keep control, we would like you to remember the following:
- Gambling should be seen as entertainment and not as a genuine way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount of money you spend gambling
- If you need help, use the deposit limits and time limits in the player protection page to control the amount you can spend
- If you need to take a break from gambling, use our self-exclusion tools
GamCare is the national association dedicated to addressing the social impact of gambling. PartyGaming works with GamCare to develop policies and practices that target problem gambling in accordance with their Social Responsibility Code of Conduct.
In addition, we are members of other leading industry consortiums that are researching methodologies and setting guidelines for responsible operators to ensure zero access by minors and problem gamblers.
To help players gamble responsibly, we have been working with GamCare to develop responsible policies and practices and have implemented the following features on our site:
Customer-led deposit limit:
Setting a deposit limit is simple and allows you to control the amount you deposit in your account within a specific timeframe.
For your own protection, you can request self-exclusion for a specific period of time. This means that you will not be able to log on to our website or our software during the cooling-off period you have specified. As soon as the self-exclusion period has ended, you will automatically be able to log in again.
Know When to Fold
Online gambling is another form of entertainment and it is essential for players to understand that. If gambling has placed a burden on your life either financially or emotionally, we suggest you ask yourself the following 20 questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or education due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After a loss, did you feel you needed to return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win, did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you ever gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use ‘gambling money’ for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions. If you would like to seek professional advice, please click on one of the following links:
National Council on Problem Gambling
- Raising Standards Worldwide
- PartyGaming is, and always has been, an active participant in the Interactive Gaming Council, which exists to establish, promote and enforce a uniform code of conduct across the entire online gaming industry. We work to raise the bar of integrity worldwide because we believe that operating at the highest standards benefits everyone.
- Accountability and Integrity
- At PartyGaming, we believe that we are only as good as our customers’ perception of us. Therefore, the highest level of integrity is the only standard by which PartyGaming can operate.
- Transaction Processing
- PartyGaming adheres to all laws in its jurisdiction pertaining to transactions, and additionally PartyGaming abides by accepted transaction standards of internationally recognized payment processing.
- PartyGaming is committed to prompt payment of customer cash out requests.
- Commitment to Customer Service
- At PartyGaming, our highest priority is customer satisfaction. That’s why our Customer Care team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to offer technical support, aid in dispute resolution, and answer your questions.